Search This Blog

Friday, 14 February 2014

Valentine's gift from my heart to yours: an e-book on 1930's fashion


Hello.

Be my lovely Valentine

My dear friends..

You all well know I'm a great fan of 1930's. You might also know that I like sharing. Quite some time ago (it must have been at least three years, maybe even more) I came to a possession of an e-book on 1930's fashion. 
It's called "Fashions of decade - the 1930's"


It's got over 60 pages (in color); and it's dedicated entirely to everything and anything 1930's. If you are a beginner in vintage - this will be a great source book. If you are simply interested in lovely pictures - you can surely find them here.
The book is divided in the following chapters:

  • Introduction
  • Dancing in depression
  • Hooray for Hollywood
  • Art Deco: themes and machines
  • Halter neck and bias cut
  • Schiaparelli and the Surrealists
  • Shaping up: health and fitness
  • The end of the rainbow
Just to tingle your imagination, here are a few preview pictures:




I've placed it on my account - link is right HERE and it is a .pdf file. It can easily be printed, and will make a lovely gift to someone who's interested in vintage fashion.
It's free.
It is yours to take.


Happy Valentine's day!

May you spend this day in love and laughter! ..and I hope you'll enjoy viewing this little present I'm sending your way!
(...and there just might be one on 1940's coming your way.. another day)..

♥♥ Pinky Honey

6 comments:

  1. This is incredibly sweet of you, I will enjoy looking through this lovely little booklet. Thank you so much Maja - a very Happy Valentine's Day to you too, P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darling!
      ..and a Happy Valentine's day to you!

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete
  2. There's no better present for any holiday than vintage fashion, if you ask me, so this present made my eyes light up and heart sing with festive joy. Thank you so very much for your generosity and awesomeness, dear Marija! I cannot wait to pour over this fabulous ebook during the coming weekend.

    With all my heart, I wish you a resplendent Valentine's Day!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like it. :)
      Giving to others gives me a joyful feeling. Valentine's (like any other holiday) would not be as bright and joy-bringing as I'd like it to be.. unless I give something to others. Joy is only great as we make it.. and I like making it huge!

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete
  3. Happy belated Valentine's Day my sweet girl! I hope you had a wonderful day and thank you for this darling gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, dear Annie!

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete