Search This Blog

Monday, 9 December 2013

Ranch house: 3 bedrooms, 120 square meters.. in suburbia. Want one?


Hello there!

Monday morning; great time to start some planning.. so, it you have ever wondered how did the 1950's home really looked like - here's an article I've found on Old Magazine Articles.

(All of the images are quite large, so you can open them up in another tab to read this article easily.)




Yes, there's a floor plan. By taking a closer look at it, I noticed it has good features: there's a clear dividing between the living and the sleeping area; there is enough space to entertain your friends (without them feeling uncomfortable); there's a garage.. it even has two separate bathrooms (one with a shower, one with a bathtub).  


I believe this house would fit the need of modern folk, too.
Do you agree?
♥♥ Pinky Honey

4 comments:

  1. I really do! I love a multi-floor house in principle, but between my health issues (which can make stairs challenging sometimes) and Tony's arthritis (ditto on the challenge of stairs), I often think that we try to get ourselves into a classic rancher one day. It sure would be easy to furnish in a mid-century manner, which is a great added perk. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floors can get tricky. I grew up in a ranch house (darn, I still live there). There is something more to a signle floor house, it's closeness to the ground I suppose.

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete
  2. This looks really lovely! The floor plan works just as well today as it did back then. I could surely live here. I wish you a fabulous Tuesday my dear! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are true, Annie.
      The floor plan is suitable to the modern lifestyle as much as it suited the style of it's owners long time ago.

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete