Search This Blog

Saturday, 30 November 2013

Liebster blog award .. came my way. Yay!


Hello there!



Most bloggers, at some point, have heard of or received the Liebster award. I have attempted to learn about this award, I have visited a lot of blogs and I found the following information:

  • This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
  • It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
  • It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
  • The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain
Here are the rules:

1.Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3000 followers.
5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.


I was ever so fortunate to receive the lovely award from darling Porcelina and as the rules imply; I hereby give her a huge hug & a "thank you, darling!" (follow the link to see her award ... and visit her lovely blog - she deserves your attention).

Here's the award she gave me(and my A's to her Q's):

1. Do you have a party trick?
Naturally, I do have a trick or two. Here's how I found my way around those awkvard situations where you're invited to a party where you don't know anyone (you know those..). I ask the host if I can help with the serving/drinks. When you serve drinks - there's no way you'll stay unnoticed. Everyone will engage a conversation, ask for "the best choice" and you will not end up pushed in a corner.
2. What was the last book you read?
Last book I read was Brigitte Schwaiger's "How does the Salt get into the Sea?" - I highly recommend it. It's quite strange take on love and relationship; and it was refreshing.
3. The desert island question - if you were stranded, what 3 items would you want with you?
I came prepared: Firstly my glasses (not only do they help me see, but they can also help me make fire). Second, I'd have to say a knife (naturally) and let me get something elaborate to put in third place - pearl necklace (a girl needs to be glamorous no matter WHERE she is)
4. Who is your favourite classical composer and why?
Not just because he seems to be everyone's first hint on the word "classical" - it's Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky and it's because of his 1812 Overture, that he called "very loud and noisy, but I wrote it with no warm feeling of love, and therefore there will probably be no artistic merits in it."
5. What's the best thing about where you live?
The space that lacks people on a Sunday afternoon, when I take my walks. The clear air and the absence of sounds makes it just serene. 
6. What celebrities have you ever met?
Sadly, I can't say I met any. I did saw some of our local famous folk - but nobody "huge". I guess I don't "mingle" enough.
7. What beauty products do you use on a daily basis?
Cold cream. I swear, it keeps my skin in order - and it's been a problem for a long time. No "posh" products in my cabinet, dear friends. Just a good old cold cream. (I'll post about it)
8. What's your favourite thing to cook?
I don't cook ("How is that possible" I hear you say). I live with my mom and dad. I do bake. My favorite is (and I've wrote this before) strudel.
9. Do you have a career separate to blogging?
My blog is my diary. I don't consider myself a blogger (I'm just a Senior Associate for Environmental Issues in a municipal administration that blogges on occasion)
10. Do you have any phobias?
Why - yes, yes I do. Here it is: Misophonia, literally "hatred of sound", is a neurological disorder in which negative experiences (anger, flight, hatred, disgust) are triggered by specific sounds. Mine is munching and slurping of foods.
11. What do you know about your family history and ancestors?
Some days I believe I know nothing about my family. The truth is: I know quite much (minus the parts of my grandpa's life in WWII - he never ever said a word to anyone about those years)

Phew!

OK. Let me chose five friendly bloggers (that are in NO OBLIGATION what so ever to receive this award) to answer my 11 questions.

The bloggers are:
  1. Joanna from Dividing Vintage Moments
  2. Susan from Susan's Diary
  3. Annie from Story She Wrote
  4. Sara from Lilies and Remains  and
  5. Linsay from Linday Lane's Timewrap 



And, allow me to ask you:
  1.  If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
  2. What did you do on your 21st birthday?
  3. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
  4. How do you feel about public speaking?
  5. Who's your favourite Villain/Baddie?
  6.  Do you often read your horoscope?
  7. If a loved one was to serenade you, what song would you most like them to sing? Oh, and WHY?
  8. Whats your favourite personality trait you like about yourself?
  9. Do you have to wear glasses?
  10.  How do you handle a surprise party (if you had any – how did you react, if you haven’t had one – would you like to and why)
  11. And, naturally, my ever so famous question: Cat or a Dog?


I would like to invite you all to participate (it's fun!) and please, let me know about it - so that I can see what you had to say on these questions.

Have a lovely weekend, my dear friends.

♥♥ Pinky Honey



6 comments:

  1. Awm thank you Marija for taking part and being such a good sport! I loved finding out a bit more about you, and did chuckle at you taking pearls for glamour to the desert island! A girl after my own heart.

    P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for giving me such an inspiring award, darling!
      As I've mentioned it above, lady needs to be classy no matter where she is (so what if it's "deserted" island) :D

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this sweet award darling! I'm really excited, I've never got an award before. :) I'm still on my trip but as soon as I'm back home I'll start answering your questions. :) Happy Sunday dear gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so glad to be the firs person who gave you an award, darling.
      ..and I can't wait to read your answers.

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for this award nomination! Tricky questions, will try to answer them soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for recieving it, darling.
      I'm looking foreward to reading your answers.

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete