Search This Blog

Thursday, 28 November 2013

First snow of the season - we must sing about it.


Hello there.

If you ask my calendar, it's still Autumn; however, if you take a look out the window - you'll see snow on the streets. The sharp air makes a good brisk walk put a color to my cheeks.




I know it's unusual for me to ask of you to read poetry, but this little poem found me (not the other way around). It's as clear and clean as the snow outside my window:


The Snowman
by Wallace Stevens (1921)

One must have a mind of winter
To regard the frost and the boughs
Of the pine-trees crusted with snow;

And have been cold a long time
To behold the junipers shagged with ice,
The spruces rough in the distant glitter

Of the January sun; and not to think
Of any misery in the sound of the wind,
In the sound of a few leaves,

Which is the sound of the land
Full of the same wind
That is blowing in the same bare place

For the listener, who listens in the snow,
And, nothing himself, beholds
Nothing that is not there and the nothing that is.



I'm not much of a winter-person. I prefer Autumn.
But on a clear day such as this one, I can't help but loving the inspiration it gives.

May you have a wonderful day!
♥♥ Pinky Honey

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet, evocative poem! I love it. Yes it's very wintry here, the trees have lost most of their leaves now and it's definitely feeling as though Autumn has passed. Very quickly this year I think!

    You've probably already had the Liebster award, but I mentioned you in my post here as worthy of another one, no obligation to receive it!
    http://porcelinasworld.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/q.html

    P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ever so thankful to get Liebster award from you.
      By all means, I'll post my reply .. soon.

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete