Search This Blog

Wednesday, 27 November 2013

BURDA Wednestay


Hello there.

My week is going in such a rush, that I've just noticed it's Wednesday - BURDA day. Without further ado, I'm letting you enjoy the "latest" from July 1952.
(again, the set is ruined, so a lot of the pages are missing. I know, I'd want them to be there for you all, but it is what it is.. as my folks here like to say "Better some-thing than no-thing".



Absolute hit in the 1950s is the polka dot. But this is not just a polka dot. The pattern of love-bugs, the color of Sun. Perfect representative of summer.



Paterened dresses. 
Their lovely shape (hugging the waist and falling freely down) gives a lady freedom of movement.. I'd have to say it here: it's a freedom no pants can provide.



Another set of lovely trio. I don't know would I be brave enough to wear such a bold design as the one in the middle.



THESE I'd wear any day.


Embroidery was quite popular back in 1950's. Every girl was able to sew, knit and emboider for herself and her dear ones. Not to mention, there was no TV (those who had it were considered posh) and no PC, so there was no distraction.


 Ready for your picnic? Or maybe a sail on a friend's boat?
I know I would not mind, especially not today, since it's muddy, wet, rainy, snowy day.



Elaborate exclusive models.
They represent lovely speciments of afternoon outfit.



This would be so lovely to have and wear to work.

.
.
.

For the end, let's sing it out:

She was afraid to come out of the locker
she was as nervous as she could be
she was afraid to come out of the locker
she was afraid that somebody would see

Two three four
tell the people what she wore

It was an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
that she wore for the first time today
an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
so in the locker she wanted to stay

Two three four
stick around well tell you more

She was afraid to come out in the open
so a blanket around her she wore
she was afraid to come out in the open
and so she sat bundled up on the shore

Two three four
tell the people what she wore

It was an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
that she wore for the first time today
an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
so in the blanket she wanted to stay

Two three four
stick around well tell you more

Now she's afraid to come out of the water
and i wonder what she's gunna do
now she's afraid to come out of the water
and the poor little girls turning blue

Two three four
tell the people what she wore

It was an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
that she wore for the first time today
an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
so in the water she wanted to stay

From the locker to the blanket
from the blanket to the shore
from the shore to the water
yes there isn't any more


Have a lovely day!
♥♥ Pinky Honey

4 comments:

  1. All these wonderful summer dresses! It makes me think of sunshine, it's cold and raining here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so true, dear Joanna.
      Lovely summer dresses with novelty print make me feel better instantly. It's snow here; and it's quite cold, so these images make me feel warm.

      Hug
      Marija

      Delete
  2. You've found some fabulous pieces here! These pictures make me wish I was good at sewing, so I could make them all. I hope you are doing well and that you've started to get some snow. :) Happy Thursday dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is on the way.. we had some this past week, but there will be more (or so they've said on the TV).
      You are ever so true, these images make a girl want to sit down and do some sewing. And that is exactly how I raise my spirits when I want to boost myself up for a sewing project.

      Many hugs
      Marija

      Delete