Best things in life are green:
- Mother nature
- My favorite tea
and a special hat featured in my friend Jessica's blog post - here I'm giving a wave to Jessica, saying "Hello, dear - just to give you another thumbs up".
(be so kind and click on the link to see more images of this gorgeous piece of art!)
Here, look at it:
Jessica looking dashing as always - with her pearl stud earring,
matching pearl necklase (a gift grom her darling husband) and
the subject of this post . the GREEN FLORAL HAT
Close-up on the hat (thank you Jessica)
As I wrote to her earlier this week, I simply adore the green velvet ribbon incorporated -
it goes perfectly with gentle green roses.
The hat is from Blue Vintage Rose - vintage hat boutique.
Ashley, the lady behind the shop states:
I take pride curating the best quality vintage hats out there and bringing them to my clients' doorstep. New hats are added daily so make sure to favorite the shop to view the latest hats!
Now, to make it a big deal: don't you think it'll suit me just perfect, with my own green velvet tie?
Pardon my 6:00 AM face.
I've had this post ready for quite some time, so THANK YOU Jessica for reminding me of it.
♥♥ The psyhology of color green ♥♥
The color green is the color of balance and harmony. From a color psychology perspective, it is the great balancer of the heart and the emotions, creating equilibrium between the head and the heart.
From a meaning of colors perspective, green is also the color of growth, the color of spring, of renewal and rebirth. It renews and restores depleted energy. It is the sanctuary away from the stresses of modern living, restoring us back to a sense of well being. This is why there is so much of this relaxing color on the earth, and why we need to keep it that way.
Green is an emotionally positive color, giving us the ability to love and nurture ourselves and others unconditionally.
Being a combination of yellow and blue, the color green encompasses the mental clarity and optimism of yellow with the emotional calm and insight of blue, inspiring hope and a generosity of spirit not available from other colors.
This is a color that has a strong sense of right or wrong, inviting good judgment. It sees both sides of the equation, weighs them up, and then usually takes the moral stand in making appropriate decisions. On the negative side, it can be judgmental and over-cautious.
Green promotes a love of nature, and a love of family, friends, pets and the home. It is the color of the garden lover, the home lover and the good host.
It is generous and loves to share, but it also looks for recognition. It is friendly and can keep confidences.
This color relates to stability and endurance, giving us persistence and the strength to cope with adversity.
Green is the color of prosperity and abundance, of finance and material wealth. It relates to the business world, to real estate and property. Prosperity gives a feeling of safety to green.
On the negative, the color green can be possessive and materialistic, with a need to own people and things.
♥♥ Color personality ♥♥
The boy with the green hair (1948) film poster
- With a personality color green you are a practical, down-to-earth person with a love of nature.
- You are stable and well balanced or are striving for balance - in seeking this balance, you can at times become unsettled and anxious.
- Having a personality color green means you are kind, generous and compassionate - good to have around during a crisis as you remain calm and take control of the situation until it is resolved.
- You are caring and nurturing to others - however you must be careful not to neglect your own needs while giving to others.
- You are intelligent and love to learn - you are quick to understand new concepts.
- With a personality color green you have a great need to love and to be loved and you tend to wear your heart on your sleeve- you are an open book who doesn't hide his/her feelings.
- You have a need to belong - greens are the joiners of social groups - you are at home in any social situation as you are gracious and well-mannered, knowing just the right things to say and do.
- You are a good citizen and like to be involved in community groups.
- You have high moral standards and doing the right thing is important to you.
- You like to be accepted, appreciated and admired for the good you do in the community as well as in your family life.
- You are a loyal friend and a faithful partner, gentle but not passionate.
- It is difficult for you to feel great passion as your need is for balance and peace, not action.
- You can have a tendency to gossip, which is connected to your need to belong.
- You love food and find it hard to lose weight.
- With a personality color green you are not a risk-taker and not action orientated, rather more of an observer. You love to sit in a café and watch the world go by.
- You are business orientated and love to work in your own business. Money is important to you but you are generous.
- Detail bores you. You process information quickly and prefer to develop an idea, organize a plan and then delegate the rest to someone else. Ideas flow quite easily but you are not good at executing them.
- You accumulate possessions but they are usually of high quality and high price.
- You make an excellent counselor, psychologist, social worker as you are a good listener and can view others problems with empathy, clarity and a balanced analysis, seeing both sides while showing respect and caring.
- The ability to put yourself in the shoes of others is one of your true talents, but you need to be careful you don't become so involved in others lives that you become a martyr.
- You have to be careful not to become complacent and self-righteous, forgetting about your own dreams and goals.
- Greens are generally frank, community-minded people, fairly sociable but preferring peace at any price. You can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, and run the risk of being exploited by others. You may appear to be innocent and naïve but you are actually quite streetwise and astute - you read others well, but often keep it to yourself.
- A negative side to the green personality is a tendency towards envy and jealousy.
"The Green Hornet" (1966 - 1967) - A newspaper publisher and his Asian valet/martial arts expert battle crime as the feared Green Hornet and Kato.
An interesting note:
In Indonesia - green is a forbidden color.
♥♥ Green fashion ♥♥
I'm not saying "eco-friendy" (there is NOTHING wrong with that, and I support it), what I'm talking about here is literally: GREEN fashion:
Amazing hat brightens up a stunning smile
Winter coat, combined with lovely red gloves, red scarff and a furry muff
Sophia Loren.. pure green passion
Just for the sake of.. Oh, there's no need to pretend there's a reason..
..it's Rock Hudson!
No matter if it's on your car, your outfit.. or some simple details like a brooch, bangle or earrings.. - go green!
♥♥ Pinky Honey