A fundamental and crucial aspect to every travel. Forget an essential item and you're left disappointed and scrambling to find the nearest store in your destination. Pack too much and you end up disorganized, irritated and burdened with heavy bags full of thing you DO NOT need.
This is the second part of the Summertime glory series; you can find the first one HERE.
Packing is a nightmare when you are not well prepared! *source*
..it can be divine, if you have a plan. *source*
Here are some (much needed) tips:
- Pack only what you need. Two extra phone chargers, huge fluffly teddy bear and XXL body lotion do not belong in you suitcase. Never wore those shoes? What makes you think you'll wear them on a holiday? Leave them at home.
- Separate your sources of money - less chances to "lose" it all. The more places you shove your money in, the better. I'm writing from experience here.
- Do not keep your wallet/purse in your jeans back pocket (sounds funny, but it's not safe there!). Back pocket, no matter how "sensitive" you think you might be in that area, are not the places for the wallet.
- Scan all your major documents. Scan you passport, make several copies. Give one to the traveling agency, place one in you suitcase, carry one in your wallet.. and lock the original in the hotel's safe
- Get travel insurance. There's no need to explain this. Anything can happen.. I pray it doesn't, but you should be carefree.
- Get vaccinated. I'm not kidding.. at least see your doctor before you go, especially if you have any major illness, or if you're going on a long journey.
- Leave you jewels at home - no matter how much you love them, you better miss them for ten days, then miss them for the rest of your life.
- Don't leave your belongings unattended in public spaces (another funny one). Some countries are not perfect.. beware of thieves!
- Carry one extra sandwich and one extra snack. It's something my mother told me when I was a kid - if you get stuck, at least you won't get hungry.
- Make THE LIST.
Download it, print it - use it.
♥ ♥ Pinky Honey