Search This Blog

Saturday, 29 June 2013

Summertime glory, PART 1 - It's summer time, it is time to travel - send me a postcard!



Summer is here, the days are longest and the nights are shortest. It is a time when all kids go on their much deserved school break, when most adults plan their vacation..

This is the first installment in my "Summertime glory" series.
Since I'm most probably not having time to travel, I'd love to receive as many postcards as humanly possible; because postcards make me happy.
I've collected a set of vintage postcards that represent summer at it's best.


Here they are:



They are usually called Mainzer cats after the name of the publisher.  The really early cards from the 1950's were published by Kunzli in Switzerland.
 *source*


Funny one
 *source*


They look so happy, and I think this one is hand-painted?
*source*


It is 1934. and they are having fun on the beach in front of the Ritz Carlton hotel in Atlantic City
 *source*


Girls just want to have fun!


A gorgeous time at Rockaway Beach.


Bikini time! 


Greetings from Kentucky Lake (spot the handsome fella in the back)    


Family fun!    


Fishing - the girly way.    


"Hello sailor!"  


Kids with shiny cheeks
 *source*


Anyone out there who's traveling - send me a postcard.
Make my day.


♥♥ Pinky Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment